Sunday, November 25, 2012

The best Nutella cupcake recipe

I've been wanting to make Nutella cupcakes and bought the ingredients in high hopes that I can do them the day I wanted to.  However something else always comes up so the plan has been postponed numerous times. Until one day I said to myself that it has to happen or it never will. 

For the base, I used my go to chocolate cupcake recipe by Hershey's. 

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar (I used 1 and 3/4 cups)
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Directions:

1.   Heat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with liners.
2.  Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). 
3.  Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. (At this point place a whole Ferrero Rocher in the center of each well.) Bake at 350F for about 22 minutes or until the cake springs back to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean, rotating pans halfway through. Cool completely before frosting.

For the Swiss meringue buttercream frosting (Nutella and vanilla) please click HERE for the recipe. Follow everything to a T and you'll have the best Nutella cupcake experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment