Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The best chocolate cake

Baking, just like life, requires a constant search for the best. The best recipes that is. I have tried different chocolate recipes but none of them appealed to my palate. So my search went on.. more relentless than the last time.
(chocolate oreo's cupcakes using Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake.. )



I don't give up on something that I want so bad. Guess what? My patience came to fruition. I came across Hershey's Kitchens and there I found the best chocolate cake recipe.. ever! I was on cloud 9. It's like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. My smile was from ear to ear.

When I got home that blissful day of the best chocolate cake discovery I put this recipe to test right away.  The recipe is for two 9-inch round baking pans. Since I only wanted to use one 9-inch round baking pan I cut all measurements in half. By the way, I made three changes on the ingredients: I used 1 cup sugar (instead of 2 cups) and 1/2 tsp. baking soda (instead of 1 1/2 teaspoons) and I used Hershey's Special Dark. So if you want to make just one 9-inch pan remember to make the necessary adjustments. Very helpful: read the reviews. It's always good to learn something valuable from others.

The batter will be watery but don't let that scare you.  If you want to get a dome-shaped top you can increase your oven's temperature but if you want a flat top you can use the oven temperature that the recipe calls for or slightly lower. Never leave the oven unattended.

I profess to the world how excellent this cake is. I have never laid my eyes on any chocolate cake recipe since the day I had my first bite. It's moist and rich... almost melts in your mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment